History of the uLaaR blog:
- Started on Feb 6, 2008 with Etymology of ulaar and A time to Qik
- Between May 2008 and 2010, the blog was largely focused on the “Return to India” theme with posts such as this, this and this; “setting down in India” posts like 100 days in Bangalore and The Janus Man.
- Guest posts in 2010-11 in the R2I Voices category
- The running theme made a splashy entrance with a detailed account of Mumbai Marathon 2010. I think it’s safe to admit that Long Distance Running has remained the dominant theme of this blog.
- Barefoot running, as a sub-genre, burst on to this blog in Jun 2012 with It’s all a vast upper body conspiracy and there’s been no looking back on Barefootia.
- Minimalism, vegan life, and food have been more recent focus areas.